Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Note: The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is offered in two different learning modalities: the course-based modality and the competency-based modality, Tempo Learning®.
In Walden’s MBA program students connect to real-world issues and trends through coursework that emphasizes core business skills, decision-making, and strategies. This program is designed to help students become more effective business communicators, successful collaborators, creative thinkers, and world-class managers who are well-equipped to work in today’s global work environments. The curriculum touches upon all facets of business and integrates career development strategies throughout the coursework. This provides students with the opportunity to gain skills they need to effectively manage their careers. MBA students can choose to complete a general MBA program or add a specialization from the list below to customize their MBA program.
At the end of this program, students will:
- Evaluate the environment in which businesses operate.
- Develop well-reasoned, appropriate decisions within a business context.
- Generate solutions to a variety of complex business scenarios.
- Effectively employ business-appropriate communication skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the skills necessary to work effectively with others in diverse business environments.
- Evaluate how business administration knowledge and skills enable a variety of stakeholders to contribute to positive social change.
Specializations Not Currently Accepting New Students
Tempo Learning® Program
Tempo Learning® is Walden’s competency-based education modality, an alternative way of earning a Walden degree offered for some Walden programs. Instead of courses, the Walden Tempo Learning® program is comprised of competencies and rigorous assessments. Students progress through the Tempo Learning® model by successfully passing competency assessments. A student must successfully achieve or master all competency assessments to graduate from the program.
Students earn the same Walden degree whether they choose the course-based or the competency-based modality.