Financial Aid Deadlines
The Office of Financial Aid processes offers on a rolling basis. It is strongly recommended that students complete their Financial Aid Application at the same time they are applying for admission or 8 weeks prior to the renewal date of their existing loan, but students must have a complete Financial Aid Application within 30 days prior to the end of the term for funds to be processed for that term or financial aid award year. A complete Financial Aid Application includes all documents required for the offering and disbursing of financial aid funds. Required documents may include but are not limited to the following items:
- Proof of Social Security number
- Proof of legal name
- Proof of date of birth
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of registration with the Selective Service (prior to 2021–2022 award year)
- Proof of High School Completion Status (prior to 2022-2023 award year)
- Identity/Statement of Educational Purpose
- Official IRS tax return transcript / signed 1040 tax return and schedules or IRS proof of non-filing
- Copies of W-2 forms
- Aggregate Reaffirmation of Debt Letter from loan holder
- Documentation of federal student loan default resolution
- Documentation of federal student grant overpayment resolution
- Academic records from previously attended institutions
Students must also maintain all federal aid eligibility requirements for the entire term or payment period.
If at any time during the financial aid process conflicting information is presented, Walden University will request additional documentation to resolve the conflict. Walden will hold all financial aid offers and disbursements until the conflict is resolved.
New students: Offer notifications will be sent to admitted students with completed financial aid files via email to their Walden University email account. However, financial aid cannot be disbursed until all required official transcripts are received by the Office of Admissions.
Current students: If a student is beginning a new Walden program within a term or payment period after completing a Walden program, financial aid for the new program cannot be disbursed until the student’s degree/certificate is conferred by the Office of the Registrar.
The Office of Financial Aid will continue to accept applications, provide financial aid offers, and process disbursements in the last 30 days of the term or payment period, but cannot be held responsible if funds are not able to disburse for the term or payment period. Delays outside of the control of the Office of Financial Aid can occur. For example, a student may not be able to obtain third-party documentation, official transcripts, and Graduate PLUS endorsers in a timely manner.